Thursday, October 27, 2011

Prayer from Sacred Space

I highly recommend this web site: http://www.sacredspace.ie. It is run by Irish Jesuits and features prayers for every day. Here is a recent one:


O Lord, I remind myself that I am ever in your presence.

I will take refuge in your loving heart.

You are my strength in times of weakness.

You are my comforter in times of sorrow.


In the section Prayers for Peace on Earth are writings by Pope John XXIII from the encyclical Pacem in Terris. An example:


The world will never be the dwelling place of peace till peace has found a home in the heart of each and every person, till every person preserves in himself the order ordained by God to be preserved.


And on the same page I found this prayer from the Buddhist tradition:


Evoking the presence of the great compassion, let us fill our hearts with our own compassion – towards ourselves and towards all living beings.

Let us pray that all living beings realise that they are all brothers and sisters, all nourished from the same source of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment